Requesting AWS Access:
- Request an account via Remedy Request (search for AWS)
- Credentials will be sent containing a username for logging into the Amazon AWS console: https://mskcc-hpc.signin.aws.amazon.com/console
- You will also be provided with a few other security files for resource access. These include a '.pem" key file and an amazon access key file. These files will be used to login to the virtual servers you create within the service catalog.
- Once you login to the console, you will be required to change your password. Upon login to the console users will need to select the 'service catalog' under 'resources'. Here users will see the currently offered projects.
- Users can select the product of their choice and 'launch' the item. This will guide you through a set of forms asking for various configuration settings for the products chosen. Once completed an item will attempt to 'run' and will eventually show up in your 'provisioned systems' block on your dashboard. Users can click on the small arrows to expand the details about each resource offerings to gather information about the IP address or domain name for their servers, among other useful details about the resource created.
- Initial default login for these servers uses the 'ec2-user' account. For logging into systems via SSH. The following is an example:
ssh -l ec2-user -i myPEM.pem amazon.IP.address